Tuesday, May 5, 2015

April 27, 2015

Hello Mother
All is well here. It has been raining the last couple of days but it isn't too bad. It is in the high 50's. By the end of the week it is expected to be in the low 80's. I always keep you guys and California in my prayers. I know that you don't want Roger to go fight fires but it would be a beneficial experience that would help him. I know that YOUR prayers keep him Safe, THERE IS NOTHING STRONGER THAN A PRAYER FROM A MOTHER FOR HER CHILD'S SAFETY, but Roger may want that and it might be a trial that will help him in the long run. 

This morning I ran a mile. My time was 11:50. I need to be able to run an 18 minute 3 mile. So far not quite there yet. My long term goal is lose 40 lbs and be able to pass the naval PT test. My companion has given me the idea to study at BYU-I. They Have ROTC and a Paramedical Program. But my only concern is I want to go into the Navy and BYU-I is Army ROTC and I have no idea how that will work. My second thought is to go for 2 years and raise my grades then try and transfer to the University of Utah. 

Ask Russell how he would feel if Robert got hurt in a biking accident. I have learned that sometimes people need to be asked questions rather been told. Make sure to listen after asking the question. Asking questions promotes learning and understanding rather then just telling someone something. It helps prompt a desire because everyone wants to be right. I am glad Rachel is excited for her recommend. That is a very exciting thing to have. I wish they had individual recommends when I was her age. Tell Roland I want to see pictures from Scout Camp when he goes. 

I am sad to hear that Heald is closing. But I can say that it will probably be a blessing in disguise. Technology is amazing Love ya 

Sorry it took so long to write this little bit. 
Love, Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment