Monday, July 20, 2015

July 13, 2015

Dear Mom,

All is well! This week has been pretty intense. I am now 20 years of age. I am so thankful for the many birthday wishes and presents. It has been an excellent week, lots has happened. I am so grateful for all the gifts and presents I recieved even more so am I grateful for the wishes of happiness on my birthday. I feel so loved, even though I am afar off. I feel as though each wish is a warm embrace. I love you all so much. 
 
This week on Monday night we met with John and Melissa and it was a interesting. We met with them during a bible study and it was very good everyone was pretty open minded. We are going back tonight so we will see how it goes again! Tuesday was pretty uneventful we found out one our district members went home early which kinda made us sad and have a sucky day.
 
Wednesday I woke up and opened my package and as I said before I am so grateful for all I recieved. One crazy thing I got for my birthday was a new companion and his area. Needless to say my birthday was pretty hectic! My "new" companion is Elder Brazell (my MTC comp). We are now in a trio and it is making things interesting. We are covering two wards worth of appointments, which makes coordinating interesting. I am having an awesome time with Elder Brazell and Elder Taylor! They are both awesome missionaries who want to serve God to the best of their abilities. 
 
We met with Amber again and she is so prepared it is crazy. She has a such strong desire to be ready for baptism. She was baptized when she was super young and she doesn't feel like it was her choice or that she has a personal relationship with God. But sometimes I feel she has a better relationship then I do! She is crazy cool to see how much she is growing from the Gospel! She still has yet to come to church so we will hopefully see her there next Sunday

We also had Zone meeting and it was announced that the mission has a goal of 35 baptism in the month of July, our zone set the goal of 6 baptisms, and so it was mainly focused on achieving the goals. We already had one on the fourth so we will see how close we get to the goal I think it is very achievable. I love being able to help motivate and push my friends to the best of their abilities, it makes me happy helping them achieve their goals!
 
So going back to covering two wards. We were able to meet Nick who is easily the coolest guy I have met in Colorado. He has a long complicated story but the short of it is he is on the right path and he is super cool! While we were talking he said something that really struck me. "If we are great husbands than we won't have to worry about being good fathers, it will naturally fall into place to love our children and treat them right when we love their mother more than anything else (excluding God of course)." I just thought that was something I hope to live by!
 
Another thing I learned this week was to keep small things small and important things important. This principle is eternal and universal. If we make mountains out of mole hills it will be one long journey. We need to emphasize what is important. Anyways I don't think I have anything else to write about love you all so much! 
 
Elder Richard Hugh Westrup!

Sent from Elder Westrup's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment