Monday, July 20, 2015

June 15, 2015

Dear Mom 
To quote the hymnodist "it is well it is well with my soul." We had Zone Conference this last Thursday. It was really well done. The topic was on the Sabbath and keeping it holy. I got so much from it. I don't think I have ever gotten so much out of a meeting. The Sabbath is a time for gratitude rest reflection, and to partake of the Sacrament. As we partake of these things we are promised certain blessings: namely, being able to call the Sabbath a delight, joy and peace, being unspotted from the world, having the spirit, faith increased. 
Lev 26:2 - 6,  9 and 12
Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord. If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely. And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land. For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you. And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people. 
In Isaiah 58:13-14  is just a sum up of what was said. But 14 ends with "for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." And we know the Lord never backs down on His promises. I know this is mostly quoting scripture but they are really good scriptures. I firmly believe in their promises, that is basically the biggest thing this happened this week is zone conference but not only are the temporal blessings important but the spiritual ones. One part of Leviticus I'd like to point out is that if we honour the Sabbath, God will respect us for keeping the sign and he will walk among us and he will be our God and we will be HIS People. That is probably the most comforting of all because the Lord takes the most care of His people. 
In your last email you wanted to know about the weather. well I'd tell you if it would make up its mind. One day it is 50's and rainy the next it is blistering hot in the 90's. Colorado has the most beautiful lightening storms though. The night of the tornado there was some awesome thunder and lightening. It was so majestic and powerful. To quote Alma the younger "Do not all things denote there is a God?" It is nice but way too bright. I wouldn't be able to stand it if not for sunglasses. Last year i had headaches all summer long but I haven't this year as long as I wear sunglasses.
Well yesterday I had to wake up at about 5 for a priesthood meeting. The stake presidency was reorganized. I was at church from 6 to 2:30. It was quite tiring to be there for so long but I feel it was really good experience. I recently have given thought to working in the oil fields so I can pay for college. I figure I can work like six to eight months and have all four years tuition and be living cushy so I might be giving that more thought later on talk to you about that later. Might be going to Estes with some YSA priests from our ward.

Love Sincerely
Elder Westrup

No comments:

Post a Comment