Monday, July 20, 2015

June 22, 2015

Dear Mom,
   Looking back this transfer went by incredibly quick. I am
transferring down to the Boulder Stake to the Broomfield 1st Ward. My
new companion will be Elder Taylor. About all I know is, he is from
Idaho. I am gonna miss Longmont even though it is like 10 minutes
away. The people are awesome and I bet the people in Broomfield will
be just as cool!! Not much has happened this week. Mostly my studies
are the most exciting thing. This last week my studies of the Book of
Mormon consisted of the war chapters.
   I have gotten so much out of them! I absolutely love Chapter 60.
Not only does it relate to how I feel secularly, but spiritually.
Capt. Moroni stirs up a Spirit of Remembrance of their Fathers, and
God's great mercy upon them. I seek to set man free not by strength of
any sort but by the word of God that all Man might be Free! "Have ye
forgotten the commandments of the Lord your God? Yea, have ye
forgotten the captivity of our fathers? Have ye forgotten the many
times we have been delivered out of the hands of our enemies? Or do ye
suppose that the Lord will still deliver us, while we sit upon our
thrones and do not make use of the means which the Lord has provided
for us? Yea, will ye sit in idleness while ye are surrounded with
thousands of those, yea, and tens of thousands, who do also sit in
idleness, while there are thousands round about in the borders of the
land who are falling by the sword, yea, wounded and bleeding?" ( Alma
Chapter 60: 20-22)
   Now behold I, Elder Westrup, do seek to remind all who read this
Electronic Epistle sent by my Mother  and forwarded throughout the world
to Harken hear the voice of this Wise man. Apply this to our day! For
I know this is of God. Remember God and all His Commandments, that you
do not enter into the captivity of sin, even a spiritual confinement.
Remember  the captivity of our Fathers, bound by being absent of the
Truth, but we now are delivered by the truth how many of our brethren
have remembered our God (who has been so kind to give freely of all
wisdom) and found joy in and freedom in that remembrance!!  But it is
not an easy task to remember for it is a daily task and nightly and
though we forget often. How great is our God to provide for us, in this
state of probation, an atonement in which we might repent and be made
whole again to remember daily. I know how great our God is!!! That is
why I continue and labour among our brethren in the land of Colorado
that I might stir up in their remembrance this truth which I know!
   Now behold you might think He is just in the zeal of the moment,
but I say unto you these words are not of myself. And if these words
be not of me then who must they be? For I speak not of myself but of
others! I speak of others and of our God. I speak that we might
remember and love Him and His children our brothers and sisters. Our
God loves us and provides. Shall we not help others remember this?
Shall we not help others help others that they to might find this joy
in which we have? Or shall we let them be captive and stand before God
at the last day and say we where not idle among our brethren? Now if
we ought not want this said of ourselves  because of the sorrow it
would bring us than how great will be our joy in reminding others?
There are thousands even millions falling down wounded  and captive by
their lack of knowledge or remembrance.
    Well  in closing Happy Fathers Day !!!! Love You Dad !! We had
excellent talks yesterday on fatherhood and I am being transferred to
Broomfield Tomorrow morning. Umm I can't think of anything else so bye
love ya

Sent from Elder Westrup's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment